Thursday 16 April 2020

The Year We Fell from Space, by Amy Sarig King

43319716. sy475 This was the first book that I have read by Amy and now I'm going to look for some of her others.
The Year We Fell from Space - is a very multi-layered story which I really liked. Without too much in the way of spoilers here is my overview. Liberty loves stars, she draws star maps from memory and then 'sees' constellations that are hers. The stars are something she did with her Dad. Now her parents are getting a divorce and Liberty feels as though she is falling, everything is going wrong - no more new constellations, she's being bullied at school, Dad doesn't see them when he says he will. This is the story of how Liberty and her family find their way back to earth.  It gave me 'feels'. 8/10 Ms Silver-Hessey

No comments:

Post a Comment